Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tug of War.

"Oh, scarecrow, it ain't so bad just try and fit in this hollow mess 'Cause you've traveled so far From where it all began..."


The world is spinning around me and my mind goes blank. Images of days when everything was perfect pop up at different moments in the scene playing in my head. A single rose, falls to the floor, the book is finally closed. My princess fairy tale didn't have the happily ever ending that most fairy tales have, but it did however have an ending. After years of my heart playing an unending game of tug of war, it did not end in a stalemate, there was a winner. They say a broken heart feels like glass being smashed, into millions of tiny tiny pieces. That there's bits and pieces hidden in hard to find places, and although you can find the big obvious bits, it's impossible to clean it all up. You can cover up or deny that they're there, but they're there. This is how my heart has felt for years. Shattered like glass. But in the end- I proved to come out victorious in the never ending tug of war match.

I pulled, I gave everything I had left in me. Sweat, blood, tears, and gasping for breathe. His heart versus mine, in a brutal battle to see who could finally win the title. Do you wanna know how I won? Eventually he was pulling harder then ever before, you could see the veins bulging out of his neck and the pulsing heartbeat from his chest, and so I left go. He fell to the ground in what seemed like slow motion, and I was left standing victorious in the face of his defeat. I offered my hand to lift him back up, but he stood and shook off the dust and walked away without a sound coming from his lips. I watched him walk away from the match, and I smiled brightly knowing finally it was over, and I could finally rest. So I turned the other way and walked with pride, and walked with joy knowing I had won something that day, and a new day was coming, one that didn't involve tug of war.

No comments: