Friday, January 1, 2010

When the world around you crumbles, He will be strong!

2010.

A new start. A new beginning. It's time where I take life and give it all into God's hands.

Have you ever felt like all you ever do is try but fail? You try so hard to make people happy, you sacrifice your own joy, your own happiness for that of others, but yet in the end it kicks you in the face?

I don't expect people to sacrifice for me. But I guess it can be a curse of sorts to care so deeply about people, because you always wind up hurt. This happens to me all the time.

It sucks.

But I know that my caring heart has a bigger plan. It has a purpose, and God is molding it everyday. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. No matter the circumstance.

Even when I am stepped on, even when I am spit in the face, or punched like a punching bag. He is strong, and therefore I am made strong in Christ. This year, I am making it my goal when things go wrong, to never underestimate my Jesus.

I have failed at being the example Christ has set me to be. Starting now, at 12:04 AM on January 2nd, I make a commitment to try my best to be a better person. Self-control with my tongue, with my mind, with my emotions. It all starts NOW.

Where You go I'll Go. What You Say I'll Say, God. What You Pray I'll Pray.

No comments: