Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Putting My Senses To Work

Before I start this blog out, I just want to say that God is amazing. I want you all to know that if you ever have anything going on in your life where you feel like you can't handle it anymore, that you've finally reached the end, that God is going to be there to lift you up, and to hold you in His loving arms.

Now. The point of this blog, is to explain what God spoke to me about today. During prayer, I sat in my place between these two stacks of chairs. At first, I was extremely tired, and was praying, "Oh Lord, how am I going to get through this without falling asleep?" But then, I just began to read the passage of scripture I've been re-reading everyday. Ezekial 37:15-28. But, after I read the passage, I closed my bible and just started praying. I want to tell you something. Never underestimate God in your life. He will surprise you sometimes. Especially when you are about to fall over into a coma because you need sleep lol. So, I started to pray and the words that came out of my mouth were completely Spirit-Inspired, and I think I need to share with you what basically God had come out of my mouth.

So many of us seem to believe in God, and believe that He exists, and at the same time so many of us don't believe in him at all. Those of us who do believe, why do we believe? And, How do we know Him? Those who don't believe, why don't you believe? What evidence do you have? Let me tell you a way I experience God. Through the senses. Look at the tall trees, the night sky, the shining stars, the bright moon, and the ocean's splendor. You see God. Smell the flowers, the sweet aroma of your favorite food coming out of the oven, the smell of pine,of vanilla, or apples. You smell God. Touch the silky fabric of your favorite dress, the touch of your dog as it runs up to play with you, the touch of you holding your favorite stuffed animal as you lay down to sleep at night, the touch of two small fingers running down your face and knowing that you gave life to the child you are holding. In all this. You touch God. Listen to the sound of the piano, or the sound of a beautifully composed piece of music that causes shivers to go down your spine, listen to Beethoven, Bach, Rachmaninoff, Strauss. Listen to the air, to the sound of breathing. To the french horn, and the flute. You hear God. It is through our four main senses, sight, smell, touch, and hearing that we are able to distinguish the beauty of God. I can't understand how anyone looks at the world, see's the world, hears the sounds, smells the aroma's, and touches the surfaces but reject's God. You reject God, but yet accept the trees? You reject God, but yet accept the piano? It is through God that all these were formed, and through God that we are able to experience such glory.

I praise Him for giving us such beauty. In times of trouble, in times of recession, and darkness, all we have to do is look, smell, taste, and hear, and we can know the presence of God is still there at work, everyday. Isn't that exciting to know? I think we all need to just take some time to sit back and really pay attention to our senses. If we do, we may find God in ways we never expected to before.

No comments: